Harrods is one of London’s most iconic department stores, known for its luxury goods and exceptional service. The store has been operating since 1849 and is home to some of the world’s most opulent and exclusive brands. One of the features that set Harrods apart from other department stores is its stunning wall lights. These lights are made with the finest materials and crafted with exceptional attention to detail. In this article, we explore the history and appeal of Harrods wall lights.
History of Harrods Wall Lights
Harrods has been using wall lights for over a century to create a luxurious atmosphere within the store. The first Harrods building was designed by Charles William Stephens, and it featured a central atrium with a glass roof. This unique design allowed natural light to flood the store, but wall lights were still required to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Harrods wall lights were first produced during the Victorian era when gas lighting was introduced in London. The lights were designed with intricate patterns and ornate details, reflecting the opulence and extravagance of the era. They were often made with brass or bronze and adorned with crystals, glass, or alabaster.
During the early 1900s, electric lighting became more widely available, and Harrods began to incorporate this new technology into its wall lights. The electric lights allowed for more flexibility in design, and Harrods wall lights became even more elaborate and intricate.
The Appeal of Harrods Wall Lights
Harrods wall lights are sought after by interior designers and homeowners alike for their timeless appeal and exceptional quality. These lights are made with the finest materials and crafted with great attention to detail, ensuring that they stand the test of time.
One of the unique features of Harrods wall lights is their versatility. They can be incorporated into any design style, from traditional to contemporary. They add a touch of glamour and elegance to any room and are perfect for creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Another reason for the appeal of Harrods wall lights is their exclusivity. These lights are not mass-produced and can only be found at Harrods. This exclusivity adds to their allure and makes them a coveted item.
Harrods wall lights come in a variety of styles and designs to suit any taste. Some of the most popular design options include:
– Art Deco: These lights feature geometric shapes and bold lines, reflecting the glamour and opulence of the Art Deco era.
– Traditional: These lights are designed with ornate details and intricate patterns, perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any room.
– Contemporary: These lights feature clean lines and modern materials, making them perfect for contemporary homes and businesses.
– Crystal: These lights are adorned with crystals, adding a touch of luxury and sophistication to any space.
Caring for Harrods Wall Lights
To ensure that Harrods wall lights remain in pristine condition, it is important to take care of them properly. Here are some care tips:
– Dust regularly to prevent dust buildup and ensure that the light shines brightly.
– Clean with a soft, dry cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as these can damage the finish of the light.
– Consult a professional before attempting any repairs or restoration work.